Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Anyone interested in some free chicks? Welbars, Olive Eggers, Legbars, Copper Marans. Hatching extras this week and next week, then mostly done for the year.

I wish we lived closer. We are in Erie county. Having issues with two golden laced wyandottes picking on all the other chickens. Nearly killed our broody hen. Don't have the heart to kill them but want to give them away or trade for two other chickens.

I wish we lived closer. We are in Erie county. Having issues with two golden laced wyandottes picking on all the other chickens. Nearly killed our broody hen. Don't have the heart to kill them but want to give them away or trade for two other chickens.
I don't have any more hatches with extra chicks in the near future, but shipping chicks in-state is remarkably easy to do. I set 15 to LadyBehir last week, and AFAIK, they are all doing great. It only took 1 day for them to get to her, even with regular Priority (not Express) mail. For those of you too far from Chester County to make the trip, getting a box of chicks mailed is a definite possibility. If you have the facilities, you could get some extra pullets and advertise them locally for sale to make some extra money. Most places in the state have no access to Cream Legbars, Welbars or Olive Eggers. You would be providing access to rare chicks.

Chick update. Mama had her 3 out in the run today. They look so small compared to Dennis's batch. I did lose one this morning. I have no idea why, it was just dead when I got there. Life is fragile. The others seem to be doing well. Lots of feather growth, even some tail feathers already.

When do I and how do I put them in with the older birds?

Yes. Separating them will put them lower on the pecking order.

I only have 1 cage so I would have to separate them one at a time. The 2 golden laced wyandottes are the worst. They will start attacking Tiny (our favorite of course), then the others follow and attack her too. I don't understand why. She used to be out and about with them all the time then suddenly they decided to gang up on her and try to kill her. Now she won't leave the coop unless she can follow us around. :hit

Back
Top Bottom