Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

You can rig up a chicken wire pen within the main run for the bossy GLW--which,incidently is how I meld my chicks into the main flock. Once the chicks are off heat, I use a dog cage in the coop at night and then put them in the inner pen during the day so everyone can see each other. After a week or two, one invariably escapes--and either gets chased back or ignored. When they are ignored, they are safe and they know to go into the main coop at night!

Chickens are 16 week old now. None of them has large comb yet. Looks no one is close to lay. They are still on grower feed. I give them free choice of oyster shell, and they are eating it. Should I remove the oyster shell? Just afraid of too much calcium for them.

I got a photo of the chicks roosting.
A9232A82-3416-4310-96C0-60F8E878AF53.jpeg

I just found out yesterday that all livestock swaps at any Tractor Supply stores have been canceled. Even though Tractor Supply doesn't set them up or run them, corporate has announced that they don't want to have any responsibility in any Covid outbreaks tied to the swaps. I just wanted to share just in case anyone was planning to attend any. I was really looking forward to going this weekend.

Thanks for the update. We tried to organize one at my local TSC like we did last year. We talked to the new manager and she had no clue what we were talking about and had to call corporate. We haven't heard back from here. It's been a week. I spoke with another assistant manager and they said that the guy in charge was upset to see the Amish farmt that has been coming every year since they opened. Thanks for the update

Central PA represent! :woot Good to know about the TSC and swap meets.

Welcome from cambria County!

Speaking of swaps, there will be a swap next Saturday, July 18th at the Sinking Valley fairgrounds! Anyone who wants to come be a vendor is welcome. They're asking for a small donation, $10-$20 to sell.

Back
Top Bottom