Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Out of curiosity, do most people in this thread process their own meat chickens or take them to a butcher/processing facility? I'd love to raise meat chickens/turkeys, but the actual processing part has always scared me, lol

I just finished another boy. It’s not as bad as you fear. It’s easier if you have someone to chat with (not a chatty child though:th ). Once the bird is dead, it gets easier. You have to keep going, so you do. There are a lot of threads to teach you, and get you through the emotional side.

Out of curiosity, do most people in this thread process their own meat chickens or take them to a butcher/processing facility? I'd love to raise meat chickens/turkeys, but the actual processing part has always scared me, lol

We do ours. It was very intimidating the first couple times. I'm a huge animal lover and cried at first but now I can do it start to finish on my own. It's really not difficult. DH really only helps anymore when we need to process a turkey since they're so much bigger. But he only helps by yielding the hatchet...I do everything else.

Well, one of the penguins (Marans chicks - they look like penguins) flew to the top of the tote today so I expect them to be alllllllll over the bathroom tomorrow. If any of them are girls, one will be named Merideth after Burgess Merideth. Will have to search for other girly penguin names.

Did you ever see Happy Feet? You could name one Gloria and any boys Mumble lol

We have the okay for our farm swap. August 1st at the Johnsonville farm and garden feed mill at 154 Johnsonville Rd, Bangor, PA 18013. Small animals must be in cages, home grown and crafts. Maximum of 20 vendors. We have limited space. Please let me know what you will have to bring and of you are going. 9:30 am to 2:30 pm depending on how busy we get.

Back
Top Bottom