Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My tomato plants already died after a hard frost two weeks ago. I already planted my gralics and winter crop ground cover. I'm ready for the cold weather. Haven't wrapped the coop and run yet, but all parts are here.

I'm way behind. I still haven't planted my garlic, I just can't find the time. The main coop is wrapped.... it never got unwrapped from last year but they spend very little time in it over the summer anyway. The silkie coop needs wrapped up but it shouldn't take long. Just a couple clear tarps and zip ties should do the trick. There's a few spots on the main coop that the plastic got ripped/ pecked that I'll have to tape over. I have a custom order for a silkie sweater to get together before I can do any of it lol

Welcome -- I am from Del County too and also am going into my first winter with chickens.

Felicia
WHAT? WHAT!? DELCO in the house!! I am originally from Delco and as my hubby says, ‘you can take the girl outta RIdley, but you can’t take the Ridley outta the girl’. Which pleases me to no end. I live near West Chester now and realize that we were spoiled by the mild winter we had last year.

I’ve had chickens for a while now and have learned to keep my runs covered, during the winter I tarp the North and West sides of my runs, and if we’re having a particularly tough storm I will cover as much of the East and sometimes even South sides as I can ~always leaving room for ventilation. I also stock pile my feed bags so I can fill them with dry leaves and store them for the days that the snow creeps into every crevice of the run. I cover the ground with the leaves and the chooks think it’s Christmas!

I'm way behind. I still haven't planted my garlic, I just can't find the time. The main coop is wrapped.... it never got unwrapped from last year but they spend very little time in it over the summer anyway. The silkie coop needs wrapped up but it shouldn't take long. Just a couple clear tarps and zip ties should do the trick. There's a few spots on the main coop that the plastic got ripped/ pecked that I'll have to tape over. I have a custom order for a silkie sweater to get together before I can do any of it lol
Custom ordered Silkie Sweater?! We need to see this when you’re done!

Custom ordered Silkie Sweater?! We need to see this when you’re done!

Final prototype... she's our in the pen testing the functionality right now lol. It's cotton fabric on top and fleece against her body.

20201030_115508.jpg
20201030_114225.jpg
20201030_114201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom