Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Great thanks. BTW: this morning had my 15th hatchling from Adam -- and it's a lavender! That's running odds of 2 out of 15.
I am doing a similar cross of 2 heterozygotes (both Olive Eggers in my breeding pen) and this last hatch of 22 chicks, only 2 were lavender. But I only need 1 cockerel to survive for the next cross in my project. I will hatch a few dozen every 2 weeks until I get enough lavenders to assure I can make a good pen.

I am doing a similar cross of 2 heterozygotes (both Olive Eggers in my breeding pen) and this last hatch of 22 chicks, only 2 were lavender. But I only need 1 cockerel to survive for the next cross in my project. I will hatch a few dozen every 2 weeks until I get enough lavenders to assure I can make a good pen.
Well, if you need a lavender male Copper Marans x Ameraucana, I can give you Turing in another month or so. He is clearly a boy, but I need to keep him until his best friend Duckworth is integrated into the flock. She cries hysterically whenever he is out of sight.

Well, if you need a lavender male Copper Marans x Ameraucana, I can give you Turing in another month or so. He is clearly a boy, but I need to keep him until his best friend Duckworth is integrated into the flock. She cries hysterically whenever he is out of sight.
Unfortunately, he won't do, I am breeding for Isabel, which is lavender with wild-type, not the extended black that both Marans and Ameraucanas have. I am pretty sure I will get plenty of chicks to work with eventually.

CeladonQuailChicks01.JPG
New quail chicks! These are the Celedon variety that lay bright blue eggs.

AyamKetawa02.JPG

And my other special chicks. Most of these are Ayam Ketawas, the Laughing Chicken.
The 2 on the left are for @feliciadawn
and the lavender one in the center is one of 2 lavender/isabel chicks from the project I mentioned earlier, 22 chicks and only 2 lavenders.

Back
Top Bottom