Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Since I got her as an adult, she is still a bit nervous. She will eat out of my hand cautiously. I keep telling her "I am your new Dennis!"--maybe I should put my glasses on! At Dennis's they all were as docile as guinea pigs! She hangs out with her two "sisters"--one is another lavender and the other the most fantastic oil slick/rainbow iridescent black.
A blue egg a day from each.
Give them some time. Candy was very skittish at first too. She even wouldn't take treats from me and kept running away. But once she got used to me, she started to eat from my hand, and then one day decided to jump on my lap! After that day, she was on my lap when she had any chance! She wanted to be hand feed all the time.

Since I got her as an adult, she is still a bit nervous. She will eat out of my hand cautiously. I keep telling her "I am your new Dennis!"--maybe I should put my glasses on! At Dennis's they all were as docile as guinea pigs! She hangs out with her two "sisters"--one is another lavender and the other the most fantastic oil slick/rainbow iridescent black.
A blue egg a day from each.
My experience with guinea pigs was not that positive. But the Ameraucanas are very friendly. They all know I bring them treats, but even without a treat bowl, they regard me as "safe"

She is gorgeous! Is she friendly? I had a silk feathered black Ameraucana, Candy, that was just a cuddle bug! She was shy for a couple weeks when I got her at about 12 week old, but later decided to be a lap chicken. Unfortunately, we lost her to Marek. My son just wants another ameraucana, and I ordered one from my pet chicken, but I doubt she will be very friendly as a hatchery chicken and just hope she will be "she". When Dennis has his sexlink ameraucanas, I will definitely get a few.
I sure have a lot of cuckoo ameraucanas growing out. I need to remember that the demand is high, but not unlimited. OTOH, if you made the trip to get a few sexlinked ameraucanas, you might take a few extra back for friends.

I sure have a lot of cuckoo ameraucanas growing out. I need to remember that the demand is high, but not unlimited. OTOH, if you made the trip to get a few sexlinked ameraucanas, you might take a few extra back for friends.
I know a few people maybe interested and will ask around when I come. With hatchery Ameraucanas are $28 per chicks, I'm sure you will have lots of happy customers.

No takers on Turing? He started crowing today. It was rather a lame crow, but the neighbor children asked me if the police were going to come again.

Attachments

• turing-1.jpg
    turing-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I'm searching for Silver Apple Yard ducklings, eggs, or hens. We have a little drake and several other breeds as well as grown ducks so any age would work. We are in NW PA.

Back
Top Bottom