Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am starting a new job on Monday. Very excited to be working for a small company again, doing work that is fun and challenging.

Also, it turns out I do have some extra Cream Legbar pullets (4 to 6), for anyone within driving distance of Pottstown.
Congratulations on the new job! I will wait until next year when you have sexlinked ameraucanas and other chicks. I’m lucky this time that all my hatchery chickens are all girls. I was worried about the splash marins that had pink comb since 5w old, but she is indeed a girl. :wee

4E56AFC5-2D17-4F43-9EC2-E20C5EDF2AA6.jpeg

16 weeks old. Girl, right?
0CEC469F-F07F-4F2D-940E-F6B510FB758B.jpeg

DENNIS!!! Lookie lookie what I got today! View attachment 2871125
Very nice! I'm sure the blue egg is from one of the Legbar pullets, as I was getting an egg every day from that pen and now I am not. The light brown egg may be from the Welsummer. I used those hens from Sand Hill to improve the egg shape, but was disappointed in their color. This next year I will be selecting hard for egg color and shape in the Welbars. I raised a lot of pullets so I could just eat most of the eggs and only set the best ones.

I'm so glad they are producing already. If you add lights, they might lay through the winter.

Back
Top Bottom