Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

The snow is as deep as two feet for the drifts, and still 13-15” in the driveway. The moaning, creaking and frozen crunching of the trees is hard to listen to. I’m gonna die!!!!
6CF0F665-4972-4485-BABC-8EC563DCF115.gif 6718BF9E-6E01-4BDC-9849-F4EC5B60CEC7.gif

:lol: The trees don’t drop many branches, so hopefully they will not uproot either.

The snow is as deep as two feet for the drifts, and still 13-15” in the driveway. The moaning, creaking and frozen crunching of the trees is hard to listen to. I’m gonna die!!!!
View attachment 2964140View attachment 2964142

:lol: The trees don’t drop many branches, so hopefully they will not uproot either.
Sorry,:hitBut it does look like there's more coming.

Got 50 eggs yesterday! The first time I've had that many since (I think) last summer. And my main Legbar flock is still holding out (younger than the other pullets that are laying). I think this year will be record setting for me because I retained a lot of Welbar pullets last year to let me select only the best eggs to set this year. Got a dozen Welbar eggs yesterday, but only half made the cut for incubating. I have lots of local friends to eat up the ones that don't make the cut.

I hope it's okay if I cross-post this from the New Jersey thread! We're willing to drive many hours to make sure she finds a home:

I'm in south Jersey (Deptford) and I have a beautiful 9-year-old Rouen named Peeper who will need a home soon.

PXL_20210920_122411984.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

A neighbor found her abandoned outdoors as a baby, and asked if we could take her in - we said yes and raised her with our small flock of Pekins. Unfortunately, only one Pekin remains and she might not be with us much longer. Those two have always been inseparable and we know Peeper is going to grieve when she's gone. We've tried to see how Peeper would do indoors in case it would help her feel less lonely, but so far she's not a fan at all. And she's even sadder when she's all alone.

She's an active, healthy, and energetic lady who needs other ducks to hang out with. She doesn't lay eggs anymore. She's very routine-oriented so it's easy to get her to go in/out of nighttime shelters. She's not a picky eater and has no special dietary restrictions. She's a beauty whose feathers and feet are in immaculate condition. She's not cuddly but she has a very big silly personality.

We'd be willing to drive long distances to deliver her. We'd also be happy to bring her to our avian vet for a thorough checkup before she goes to her new home. We could send along all her remaining supplies like wood shavings, duck feed, duck ramp, collapsible pool, etc. If you provide the transport, you could also take her enclosed outdoor pen and plastic kiddie pool.

If you think this sweet lady would fit with your flock, please let me know! A flock with Pekins or other Rouens would be ideal, but we'd be willing to try anything. We just want her to be happy.

Thanks for reading and please reach out if you (or anybody you know) might be interested.

@BullChick I know how much you like Guinneas :lau so it should relieve you to know that my Pyr was guarding my Guinneas from a predator at my feet.

2F9E19B6-2980-4A5C-B876-68514F90BDA7.jpeg

@troyer My GOODNESS those Cubalayas are GORGEOUS, I have no idea how you keep their tails so pristine.

@OneMountainAcres LOVE those big fluffy Orps.

@fisherlady I was so certain that you would claim Pencilled Rocks as your favorite. I certainly love looking at your pics. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom