Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

They would be just fine. I don't do extra heat either but have raised silkies for a while now. I only have a trio now though so any available would be babies. I have a paint roo, paint hen and black hen. I need to get busy getting them separated so that when they finally do start laying, the eggs can go straight in the bator lol.

The first turkey poults and ameraucanas of the season are due this Friday!! :woot
What’s a paint hen/roo?! Ok! I’ve never done chicks and they make me a little nervous, but I’d really like silkies!! So I’d learn the process to get some lol. Hopefully I’m not being too forward, I’m just excited! 😂🥰

What’s a paint hen/roo?! Ok! I’ve never done chicks and they make me a little nervous, but I’d really like silkies!! So I’d learn the process to get some lol. Hopefully I’m not being too forward, I’m just excited! 😂🥰

I haven't taken any pictures of mine recently but here's a quick screen shot from a Google search. They're like a splash but the black spots are chunkier.

Screenshot_20230129-083559_Chrome.jpg

Have you ever heard of this place?

https://www.myerspoultry.com/product-buff-orpington

My friend just sent it to me!
Yes..looked into all the hatcheries, Thank you.
Was trying to go with local breeders, it will just be a matter of timing..hahaha
Have had more success personally, thats just our take on the whole.
Many have loved the hatchery experience and I would never fold anyone away from trying anything at least once.
We all need experiences:hugs, more often good hopefully than not.
There are many willing, awesome enablers here to help along your chicken keeping journey:love

I think she's looking specifically for the big English Orpingtons. They tend to be difficult to find. I wish I could remember where I got mine from. It was an egg swap years ago.
YES :love ,,big'ol fluffy butts!!
Northwest - Tionesta
Clinton Co...middle of the woods:cool:
I haven't taken any pictures of mine recently but here's a quick screen shot from a Google search. They're like a splash but the black spots are chunkier.

View attachment 3389656
omgosh..LOL..Silkies are so funny.
always makes me wanna put a hair tie in all that!!:lau
They are cute, looks like the poor thing was around me when I get to painting, nothing and noone is safe!!:oops:

the story unfolds even farther folks...funny how that happens on journeys.
🤔...DH and I were talking yet again about Roosters and how he was not a fan of getting woken to the siren call of the morning master. So we "again" discussed the use of crow-collars.
I know this may be a "hot" or "tabu" topic for some, as with many things, I believe we all must find the way, a way for each of us to make things work best for our own unique, individual situations.
It is not for me or anyone else to judge how you or myself finds that path to happiness.
Okay, that all being said, DH has now become very open to the idea of acquiring a rooster!
I am about 2 minutes away from buying a lottery ticket folks the way this is all going , seriously!! :th:lau
:weeFirst the hatching eggs..now a ROOSTER?!...oh man, I am dreaming!! hahaha
Okay, just had to share that with you all, cause that is huge news!
Sooo, if you hear of a really nice fluffy-butt BIG Wyandotte rooster, cause I already have awesome wyandotte girls!! or Orp hatching eggs give a shout:celebrate, I have tons of options open now!

Back
Top Bottom