Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I know this seems to be a mainly chicken thread, but thought I'd mention that my Sebastopol geese that I bought from Metzer's last year, are starting to lay eggs. I'm east of Pottstown and expect babies early March if anyone is interested.
View attachment 3393580

Beautiful! I'm still waiting for my Gypsy to come of age and for her and Sunshine to start a family :)

VideoCapture_20230202-130841.jpg

They’re beautiful!!! Are they nice??
Geese can be nice, or become mean if mistreated. They are like dogs in that respect. However, a nasty goose is a danger more on the order of a deranged Pekinese than a Rottweiler.
I really like the geese I've had for only a little more than a year. I recommend reading up about them before getting any, they are not just "bigger ducks". Dave Holderread wrote an excellent book - The Book of Geese: A Complete Guide to Raising the Home Flock
Unfortunately, it is out of print. Maybe he will update it and get it released again.

I like them too KRack,
I've always been partial to Toulouse Geese. I like their coloring/markings, feathers.:D
Maybe some day when I get that pond🤔, still working that idea out.:lol:
I have Pilgrims, the females look like Toulouse and the males are nearly all white. Makes it easy to see how many males and females are in a group of them.

Back
Top Bottom