Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Don't worry. 50+ people is not as bad as it looks like. He sometimes hatches several hundreds of birds one time. :cool: It's still early, and he will have much more eggs and chicks from March to June.
Right, some want quail or ducks or something. Others have a very specific list of exactly what chicks they want and when. Ironically, I will fill orders in almost reverse order sometimes because the right chicks don't all hatch together, or someone is not ready for them yet.
For general layers, like Legbars, Welbars, Olive Eggers, I expect to have lots of extras of them in nearly every hatch from March on. Those girls are really laying well, it's the %$^&%^*@#$%#$^ "egg eating" Copper Marans that people will be waiting for until May or June. If I ever cut back, the Marans are going long before the Welbars and Legbars. I have to hatch a lot of replacement for the Marans every year because I need a large flock of first year pullets to meet the demand for chicks. The older ones are slow to start laying and none lay as well as the Welbars, my little darlings!

LMP, I wave at you every time I go thru your town. Which is even more often since we added Potter County to our coverage area. If you need someone to help fill out the needed quota of big birds - I do love a buff orp - let me know. I'm sure I can squeeze one or two in.
Thank you Maggie :love , you are awesome!
Gotta LOVE those Big fluff butts:bun!
We have a bunch of messages out, just waiting on some word back..hopeing anyway.
Either way, chicks are in our future.
Things will happen as they should, I just need to be patient and let them fall into place, LOL,:th:pophahaha....not easy, hahaha
Not like I dont have twenty other things to do right now, have seed starts, and canning still working on, yes...still working on last falls harvest. Just really the tomatoes.
Going to make soup, and sauces out of them.:drool
Sometimes being a little slower works out though, heating the house at the right time!
Hey, if I recognize ya going by, I will wave back!!:frow
I used to work at Lewistown and still have some friends live at McVeytown. Very nice view there. Bad cell phone signal though.
I think we would be better shouting from a tree sometimes with the cell service up here!!:woot

Right, some want quail or ducks or something. Others have a very specific list of exactly what chicks they want and when. Ironically, I will fill orders in almost reverse order sometimes because the right chicks don't all hatch together, or someone is not ready for them yet.
For general layers, like Legbars, Welbars, Olive Eggers, I expect to have lots of extras of them in nearly every hatch from March on. Those girls are really laying well, it's the %$^&%^*@#$%#$^ "egg eating" Copper Marans that people will be waiting for until May or June. If I ever cut back, the Marans are going long before the Welbars and Legbars. I have to hatch a lot of replacement for the Marans every year because I need a large flock of first year pullets to meet the demand for chicks. The older ones are slow to start laying and none lay as well as the Welbars, my little darlings!
In that case I'll send you an email! I'm mostly interested in the Cream Legbars but love a mix!

I'm new to incubating and am on day 7, but it looks like I may have just lost a bunch. I've been candling way too often, but I started out with some cheap local EE/barnyard mixes just to test out the incubator and learn the process. My kids are 5 and 8 so they've been loving seeing the embryos grow.

In that case I'll send you an email! I'm mostly interested in the Cream Legbars but love a mix!

I'm new to incubating and am on day 7, but it looks like I may have just lost a bunch. I've been candling way too often, but I started out with some cheap local EE/barnyard mixes just to test out the incubator and learn the process. My kids are 5 and 8 so they've been loving seeing the embryos grow.
I am putting all the hatchable eggs into the incubators until they are full or chick demand falls off. I should have legbars eggs maybe May or June. Right now, the only eggs I'm not setting are the Genetic Hackle and Ayam ketawas, because neither of them are stellar layers and good layers (or Marans) is what everyone wants now.

I am putting all the hatchable eggs into the incubators until they are full or chick demand falls off. I should have legbars eggs maybe May or June. Right now, the only eggs I'm not setting are the Genetic Hackle and Ayam ketawas, because neither of them are stellar layers and good layers (or Marans) is what everyone wants now.
Just want to say my two Marans from you lay very well, as do the cochin bantams. It is my Ameraucana mixes that lay less frequently.

👀Started looking through dheltzel's list of poultry
Tough decision, I wonder if his wife knows how much poultry he has?
You've been married a while also, surely you've come to the realization that there are certain things in a marriage that are better left in the dark!
There are many things I never ask her about and this is one the she avoids also.

Back
Top Bottom