Pennsylvanians!,is it worth keeping chickens in Upper Bucks County,PA?

Will do!

Honestly, I'd hope to just find another place we can afford since we've been looking anyway,.... (nothing newer than about 1931 though!)
wink.png

Who knows,.. maybe if the good Lord sees fit, we'll end up finding something else with a bit of land by the time our baby comes!
wee.gif

I'm late coming to this thread, however, I live in PA! I live in Jefferson County and in a boro. My boro ordinances state that chickens are considered small animal pets and are allowed in no specific quantity. The pen must be kept 25 feet from any dwelling (which makes it hard on a small lot).

I had my pen smack dab in the middle of my back yard in order to comply with the 25 feet. My neighbors don't seem to mind, but then again I have no roosters. My girls are pretty quiet. I actually tried to be sneaky and moved their pen under my deck for the winter, hoping I'll get away with it. If anyone complains I'll just move it back out.

I have a pretty small yard, with the back of a gas station on one side and fenced all around, I let them out for about 2 hours in the evening to "play" and they reluctantly go back in to their run just before dark. The neighbors dog barks at them through the fence, and they did sneak under once to eat her tomatoes (they were grounded for 2 days for that stunt!) when she wasn't home.

So far, the experience has been very rewarding, even though I've had to rehome 4 roosters, lost one baby chick and recently lost one of my girls (my favorite lovey one!). I enjoy them as much as anyone would enjoy a pet.

Quote:
That would be GREAT here!!! 25 feet from any dwelling makes sooo much sense rather than our boro's moronic 100 feet from any "lot line"!!
(which insures most will never have any!)

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom