People just don't get it but can I blame them .

crazychicken

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
NC
Well a few days ago we were to do a report about our pets and of course I chose my chickens well I got it graded today and I got it back with a little note on it "see me after class" my head immediately start going into panic mode thinking about what I could have possibly wrote that she did not like. Well class ended and I went up to her desk and I asked her if there was something wrong with my report and she said well no. I was wondering why one of the smartest and most behaved student would keep "dirty,stinky birds for pets and that they certainly can't be healthy and why I my sister keeps calling me "mama" and I told her that me and my sister like to pick on each other and that since I hatched them my rooster won't attack me. and will actually run up and fall asleep in my lap. and then she asked me why I would even desire to have chickens in the city. and I told her my best friend has them and I love all the different breeds. AND GET THIS when we were done she looked at me real funny and asked would you consider counseling. I told her NO !! and then she told me I was dismissed.

lau.gif

Sheesh!
th.gif

If she only knew what kind of "counseling" having chickens gives she certainly wouldn't try to be giving any herself.
wink.png

seriously? Counseling? Because you have chickens as pets?

Some people are freaking nuts. And you arent one of them

wow...that's unbelievable.

can i say report this behavior to the principle? i mean, you owning chickens has no bearing on your grade...and she is passing judgement on you.

seeking councel for owning chickens? i think that's absurd.

me,
g

I don't see how having chickens is any more gross and unhealthy than having a dog that licks it's butt. At least a chicken doesn't lick you!

What was your grade?

Last edited:
If one of my kids came home and told me that about one of their teachers, I would be calling the school and reporting the teacher. Then I would make sure a meeting was scheduled with the principal and this teacher. How flipping rude to dare say something like that to a student! She has no business being a teacher! She is definitely the one that needs the counseling.

Good for you for sticking up for yourself and your love of chickens!

seeing as how I will have my school counseling stuff done this summer...I will proceed with the counseling!

Little girl, how are you? (you say great)
Good to hear! Your teacher is an idiot. Have a great day you are cured! Can I see your chickens now? (with your folks there cuz otherwise that would be creepy and I ain't goin' there!
hide.gif
)

I personally just thought that it was funny she asked me and I don't know if she meant counseling about me having chickens or me and my sister about our weird way of saying we love each other.
lau.gif

don't all brothers and sisters Pick and make fun of each other.
wink.png

But I thought it was funny and that I would share.
lol.png

As for reporting her this is her first week and this school is different and I did not feel hurt or offended about that. my parents say that i need counseling sometimes when I get to talking about my chickens.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom