People Who Expressed Interest in my Heelers- Update on Post #786

You gotta love a Heeler!

This isn't a good picture, my camera stinks. But I go at tattoo of Spook. That's how much my Heeler means to me.

1659_sep18013.jpg

Oh thats a great idea - a tattoo! I love it! (mind you I'd have to get all the animals, I dunno if I have enough skin!)

Ginja is so darn spoiled, and she loves it when there is a person sitting still on the couch for 5 minutes. She's more than happy to be the pillow, or to listen to someone trying to read - she just loves it all!

We have a program here at one of the libraries where kids read to dogs. They are nonjudgemental and don't care if the kids make a mistake. It's said to have raised some of the kids reading levels by 2 years!

Spook is now 11 with arthristis in her lower spine and left leg. She has slowed down a lot, mostly over this last year staying by my side as I faught cancer, but she hasn't lost her spirit. That smile is still on her face every minute of the day.

You have to watch out for cattle dogs.........they steal your heart!

Please forgive my multi-postings. I'm trying to reach as many people as possible

As some of you know, I have recently lost my beloved Aussie Dog Spook. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=364283

Didn't think I would but we have been trying to adopt a pretty little girl from Texas who is deaf. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=366206 I don't know what is up but it seems like the person who is doing the adoption doesn't want the puppy to leave the state. I have given them tons of references from another Cattle Dog rescue, the owner of a Service Dog group and people who know how much I loved Spook. They are to let me know by tomorrow if this little girl is to come home with me.

If this doesn't happen, do any of you know of a rescue where I can find a puppy? I want a female puppy, nothing more than 9months old. I want to train her to be my next partner. Maybe even a deaf puppy like the one above?

Just noticed this old thread. I'm a fan of heelers and getting another one. Actually my honey moon will be directed toward where I'm going to pick up my new gyp.

Back
Top Bottom