people with house chickens

Pics
gryeyes

Aren't they just the best. To have a bird in the house, is somehow comforting and enjoyable.
Many, many people don't get this.
We, the people with house chickens get tho....

Came home from my parents house and lifted Lily (she was not very happy) and discovered we now have 5 babies!

Holy cow that's a lot of eggs under her!
How cool! Congrats Momma Lily!

Thought I would share my House Goose Trina, not a chicken, but still a house "fowl" hehe
This is her spot. Makes watching TV a little difficult...

JaquiJ, oh my they are so pretty ! Even as babies they look like Silkies.

and kukupecpec, how serene looking, I could almost have a duck, or house goose, what is she ?

We now have a total of 8 black silkie babies :D 8/9 hatched. I still can't believe Lily was able to set on that many.lol. She is so happy to be a momma. I had to separate her for a couple of minutes while I counted the babies and removed the shells and she went ballistic!

My friend hatched some buff babies fr me in her incubator as I wasn't too sure if Lily would set the whole time. So soon Lily will get another 7 babies to take care of too! They just hatched too!

J,
Absolutely AWESOME, you are so fortunate, 8 black silkies!!

I had a black silkie, she was so broody, and laid an egg almost everyday.
But our dog killed 15 hens last Friday and she was one of the many.

I only have 1 White Leghorn and an extremely wounded Australorpe that we took to the vet and now rehabbing.
Vet told us she would only have a 10 percent chance. I just couldn't put her down.

the thread is at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...bites-i-have-baytril-but-not-sure-what-to-use

Your poor baby!!!! :( makes me so sad. I really hope she pulls through. I will eventually have to rehome some of the babies. Let me know if you want any!!!

JaquiJ, oh my they are so pretty ! Even as babies they look like Silkies.

and kukupecpec, how serene looking, I could almost have a duck, or house goose, what is she ?
Thanks! I love her. She is getting to be less of a chore and more enjoyable now that she is growing up some.
She's a Toulouse. I have some Emden/Toulouse cross eggs in the bator to see if I can hatch her out a friend, but I don't know if I really want to keep another. It's a lot of work, and I would hate to have her bond to another goose instead of us. That's what makes her such a joy!
We now have a total of 8 black silkie babies
big_smile.png
8/9 hatched. I still can't believe Lily was able to set on that many.lol. She is so happy to be a momma. I had to separate her for a couple of minutes while I counted the babies and removed the shells and she went ballistic!

My friend hatched some buff babies fr me in her incubator as I wasn't too sure if Lily would set the whole time. So soon Lily will get another 7 babies to take care of too! They just hatched too!
How exciting!!!!! I am having fun watching my one silkie grow up. They sure are cute!

Back
Top Bottom