people with house chickens

Pics
MsChickenMomma, I love that! That's so cute and resourceful. I need to do something like that. So jealous! When are you getting house chickens?
I love everyone's pictures!
I can't figure out why this is repeating.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Sunni (the chicken in my avatar) is the only one who will be living in the house. She will be moving in as soon as her diapers get here. Hopefully this coming week some time. :D

MsChickenMama
I hope they arrive there soon so your chicken can be inside with you! I think 2 out of my 3 Isa chickens would wear a diaper. The youngest one is the most rebellious and doesnt like being held as much (unless he/she's scared).

Are your house chickens potty trained? Do they use a litter box? How does thy work! I'm curious because I tried to bring my girl inside after her flock was killed and my dad said no because she pooped too much! :0

My girl Pidgey is an awesome pet. She is a black bantam frizzle cochin. I didn't even raise her from a baby and she's such a great pet. She will find me if I walk away from her while she's out. I have her in a rabbit hutch in my bedroom. She's not overly smelly and there really isn't too much mess. I haven't had to change her bedding in almost a month because she poops mostly all in the same little area since that's were she perches and I just clean up that little area and we're good. She makes cute sounds when you pet her too. I haven't gotten a diaper for her yet. I'm not in a big rush since she really isn't too much trouble. I was told that she is eligible to start laying the end of November. I think she will because I have a huge dark area for her with a nest box in it. I'm actually going to do a science experiment and see if she will incubate and raise chicks in my bedroom. I even have a rooster lined up for her to be mated with. If that doesn't work I read that Frizzles go broody often so I will just sneak some eggs under her. It would be awesome to see a mama chicken at work. Anyways for anyone thinking of keeping a indoor chicken or two, especially a bantam like a silkie or a frizzle. DO IT! It's not that much trouble at all. They are pretty quiet and the upkeep is just as much as your conventional pets like a rabbit or a parrot. Plus they are SO friendly and happy to be indoors. This is Pidgey:

I find it very interesting that chickens like to live in the house. My mother had a duck once that got picked up once and taken inside just for fun one day and that was it. He came in daily to sit on someone's leg. Funny duck. My little flock of 4 live in their coop. No room in my little house. 2 dogs and a cat, just wouldn't work. Love y'all's stories though, keep them coming.

Sunni (the chicken in my avatar) is the only one who will be living in the house. She will be moving in as soon as her diapers get here. Hopefully this coming week some time.
big_smile.png
Well I hope they come soon! Is she a buff orp? She's a cutie.
smile.png

Are your house chickens potty trained? Do they use a litter box? How does thy work! I'm curious because I tried to bring my girl inside after her flock was killed and my dad said no because she pooped too much! :0
No, as of now there is no known way to potty train a chicken. We keep them in their cages or put a diaper on them so that they don't make a mess.

My girl Pidgey is an awesome pet. She is a black bantam frizzle cochin. I didn't even raise her from a baby and she's such a great pet. She will find me if I walk away from her while she's out. I have her in a rabbit hutch in my bedroom. She's not overly smelly and there really isn't too much mess. I haven't had to change her bedding in almost a month because she poops mostly all in the same little area since that's were she perches and I just clean up that little area and we're good. She makes cute sounds when you pet her too. I haven't gotten a diaper for her yet. I'm not in a big rush since she really isn't too much trouble. I was told that she is eligible to start laying the end of November. I think she will because I have a huge dark area for her with a nest box in it. I'm actually going to do a science experiment and see if she will incubate and raise chicks in my bedroom. I even have a rooster lined up for her to be mated with. If that doesn't work I read that Frizzles go broody often so I will just sneak some eggs under her. It would be awesome to see a mama chicken at work. Anyways for anyone thinking of keeping a indoor chicken or two, especially a bantam like a silkie or a frizzle. DO IT! It's not that much trouble at all. They are pretty quiet and the upkeep is just as much as your conventional pets like a rabbit or a parrot. Plus they are SO friendly and happy to be indoors. This is Pidgey:
She sounds like so much fun! Please let us know how your experiment goes.
smile.png

Quote: I definitely will! I made her a Halloween costume. She's a dinosaur!
She loves to be handfed vegetables and mealworms. I'm going to bug my mom to let me order one of Louise's Country Closet Harnesses in a few days. She measures out at 7 inches from base of neck to vent. Wish me luck guys!

Back
Top Bottom