people with house chickens

0.jpg

Here is a quick video of Frizzle, my house chicken. She makes the cutest sounds. She still hasn't laid here first egg yet but I'm hoping once I get her a better "indoor coop" she will be more inclined. You can tell she has attitude. Notice how she squeezes her way past my leg when I was in her way, haha. I'm trying to teach her to come to her name for when we're outside. I'm hoping to have a fun summer with her. I have done well so far without needing to diaper her but I still would like to have a working diaper incase she needs to be somewhere that poop isn't an option. Like a friends house or a pet store. Did anyone have good results with Louise's Country Closet brand diapers? She has practically no tail so the diaper harness I have doesn't work. She also has a fluffy bottom so I may need to trim her buff fluff so it doesn't get messy. I'm so glad that I got this little chicken. She is a really cool friend and the longer I have her the more she opens up. Thank you everyone!

Have any of you done any traveling with your house chickens? Im trying to figure out some things for if we take Sunni on our little vacation with us. Like what to bring for her to sleep in, what she can stay in when we aren't in the hotel room with her, how to keep people from finding out that she's in the hotel room, etc.

I would never be able to keep her in her coop for three days at home without me. She can't stand it if I leave her in there for longer than a few hours. Plus I don't think she would like going that long without seeing me. :/

Last edited:
You could do a dog kennel or a foldup playpen? Diaper for sure.

Sorry chickie momma. You are right, then. I wish you the best. It is never easy to lose a friend. :(

0.jpg

Here is a quick video of Frizzle, my house chicken. She makes the cutest sounds. She still hasn't laid here first egg yet but I'm hoping once I get her a better "indoor coop" she will be more inclined. You can tell she has attitude. Notice how she squeezes her way past my leg when I was in her way, haha. I'm trying to teach her to come to her name for when we're outside. I'm hoping to have a fun summer with her. I have done well so far without needing to diaper her but I still would like to have a working diaper incase she needs to be somewhere that poop isn't an option. Like a friends house or a pet store. Did anyone have good results with Louise's Country Closet brand diapers? She has practically no tail so the diaper harness I have doesn't work. She also has a fluffy bottom so I may need to trim her buff fluff so it doesn't get messy. I'm so glad that I got this little chicken. She is a really cool friend and the longer I have her the more she opens up. Thank you everyone!

She's such a cutie! Sunni likes to chatter like that too. I haven't tried Louise's diapers. Sunni has a Hen Holster from Hensaver.com. It works like a charm for her. But it is designed to wrap around their tails to keep it in place, so I don't think it would work so well for Frizzle.
hmm.png

You could do a dog kennel or a foldup playpen? Diaper for sure.

Sorry chickie momma. You are right, then. I wish you the best. It is never easy to lose a friend.
sad.png

Don't worry, she always has her diaper on when she's not in her coop at home. I have a decent sized dog crate/kennel that can be folded for transporting. It's pretty dirty, since it is used for my barn animals, but I may be able to use that. I didn't even think of that!

We (almost) have a house chicken! His name is Crooky. (He's a crossbeak) He's a almost house chicken because we had to amputate one of his feet, so currently he's healing in a cage. We've tried to diaper him, but he acts like a two year old, thrashing around, then eventually going limp, and refusing to move until we take it off.
smile.png

duckncover- She is so cute! We ordered a diaper from Louise's but it was too heavy for Finn. I think the ones at chickendiapers.com are better. They are lighter and easier to put on.

Mschickenmomma, I use a small dog crate for Finn to sleep in . They were about 10 dollars and they are light enough to carry:

duckncover- She is so cute! We ordered a diaper from Louise's but it was too heavy for Finn. I think the ones at chickendiapers.com are better. They are lighter and easier to put on.

Mschickenmomma, I use a small dog crate for Finn to sleep in . They were about 10 dollars and they are light enough to carry:

My mom has a crate just like that for her dog! Maybe I could ask her about using that.

We (almost) have a house chicken! His name is Crooky. (He's a crossbeak) He's a almost house chicken because we had to amputate one of his feet, so currently he's healing in a cage. We've tried to diaper him, but he acts like a two year old, thrashing around, then eventually going limp, and refusing to move until we take it off.
smile.png

Oh wow! Do you have a picture?

The tan things on his neck are where he flings his food when he eats. He has fun with eating.
hmm.png

He's learned to walk with a leg and a half. He looks kind of lopsided though.
smile.png

Here he is investigating our pipes.

I kept trying to get a picture of his beak, but he didn't like the sound the camera makes before it takes a picture, so he kept running away.

Here's an old picture of his beak, pre-amputation:

"Hewoooooo."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom