Perdue Farms

Perdue Farms

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 3, 2012
I know what most of you are thinking! With a name like PERDUE these people must be pros at raising chickens! Not at all! However I am a very distant relative to Frank Perdue of "Perdue Chickens" of P.A. The wife (Shirley) and I love raising our Feathered Critters! We live on the out skirts of Indianapolis, Indiana, real close to the Indpls. international airport! We have 22 egg laying hens, a mix of Rhode Island Reds, Silver Laced Wyandotes, Light Bramas, Americanas and Bardrocks. We also have 2 beautiful roosters whom we keep seperated from the girls, a White Crested Polish (Mr. Shelby) and a White Polish (Elvis). Early this comming Spring we plan on finding the boys some similar lady friends and trying out our new incubator! Since we've been raising our chickens we rely very much on the magazine "Backyard Chickens" and also their web site! Great Stuff! We also have a Nephew (Jason Branson) whom is the President of the "Indiana 4-H Poultry". This Guy and his wife Melisa (Chicken Woman) help us through alot of problems that come up from time to time also. Looking forward to talking some Chicken in the near future and thanks for bringing us on-board!

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from washington state glad you joined us!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom