Peregrine Falcon in Hen Yard!

One other note: Hawks around here need to come in at a swooping landing and not drop directly down so the cd's discourage that completely. three years and never had one in the run. Yes, in the yard but not land in the run nor have I ever seen one try to land in the run and we have a pair of red tails who seem to live here.

Well, we were able to get the entire hen yard criss-crossed with jute twine and hung about 20 CDs, for about $18. I am hopeful that this will do the trick. Thank you all for the suggestions, and for including a photo, ozark hen. I will let you know how things work out this week. And hopefully, as a few of you pointed out, it may just be the time of year, so we will be keeping our ears and eyes open.

Thanks again, everybody!
Jammie

clap.gif
good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have Hawks in our area all the time, we back up to the woods. After our first attack, we bought the 2" heavy duty nylon netting from a dealer on the internet. Our run is 25x50 and it cost around $48 for that size. We also have the 5' fencing all around, so we anchored it with black zip ties all the way around. I feel so much safer leaving them out all day alone now. When they are out in the yard, I'm always out with them working in the yard somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom