Perfect trap to rid your chickens of pests

Sorry,,,,,,, but I just don't agree with killing songbirds. It is illegal to kill them in my area.
Bird flu is brought into your area by Migratory birds. Those are protected by Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
Read up on the possible penalties encountered.
image_2023-01-28_015522134.png

In my location you can kill Eurasian Starlings and English House Sparrows because they are invasive exotics. I am being particular about the names. Another species that is also exotic called the English Tree Sparrow is contested as protected by some of the wild bird enthusiast in my area.

The pest species may not be more problematic than native species at moving around diseases. For me I have rather high densities of Cardinals, Gray Juncos, and several species if native true sparrows that intermingle with my chickens. That should not exclude the Coopers Hawks coming in after the songbirds as eats.

Sorry,,,,,,, but I just don't agree with killing songbirds. It is illegal to kill them in my area.
Bird flu is brought into your area by Migratory birds. Those are protected by Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
Read up on the possible penalties encountered.
View attachment 3388646
Wrong!! English Sparrows are invasive and carry disease. They are not protected, and kill native species. Looks like you need to do the research. And We have had 2 outbreaks of bird flu at 2 egg farms. The disease didnt come from ducks. It came from the sparrows. Stop believing the political web sites that attack backyard chicken owners. Yes it got here by migratory birds, but spread to our farms by the sparrows. Do some research other birds and animals have been dying from it not just migratory birds.

In my location you can kill Eurasian Starlings and English House Sparrows because they are invasive exotics. I am being particular about the names. Another species that is also exotic called the English Tree Sparrow is contested as protected by some of the wild bird enthusiast in my area.

The pest species may not be more problematic than native species at moving around diseases. For me I have rather high densities of Cardinals, Gray Juncos, and several species if native true sparrows that intermingle with my chickens. That should not exclude the Coopers Hawks coming in after the songbirds as eats.
Most our natives have been killed off by the english sparrows. So be glad you have natives. We just have millions of english sparrows and starling.

Most our natives have been killed off by the english sparrows. So be glad you have natives. We just have millions of english sparrows and starling.
The English Sparrows did not do it alone. You and your neighbors had a very large role in the bad outcome for the natives. You converted the local landscape into something more suitable for the English Sparrows than it is for the natives. I can go just a little distance from the tightly mowed and grazed areas to find large expanses where English House Sparrows and starlings are only seen when they fly overhead. Neither species nest far from my buildings.

Back
Top Bottom