Perspective Chicken owner in Georgia

artgecko

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I don't have chickens yet, but I'm researching keeping a small backyard flock for eggs and pets. I love learning about and caring for animals and I also love cooking...so I figured keeping chickens would be a great mix of my two main hobbies. We're looking at buying a home soon and intend to make chickens an addition soon after.

I have kept many types of animals in the past / present, including tropical fish, reptiles, rodents, cats, and dogs. I have never, however, kept a domestic fowl before (I'm assuming the pet parakeet I had as a kid doesn't count)... So needless to say, I have a lot to learn.

I'm looking forward to reading all the great info you have here and posting with everyone!
Artgecko

Welcome to BYC! Chickens are a lot of fun, and relatively easy to care for. I would recommend them to anyone interested in having some. Good luck with your new home and new flock.

welcome-byc.gif

Chickens can be a great addition to any life style! They help with compost, gardening, pest control and offer companionship, eggs, and, if you choose, meat! They require little effort beyond cleaning the coop, and keeping feeders and waters full, and a few cuddles and treats now and then!

Back
Top Bottom