pest control issue

Jul 8, 2020
bangkok thailand
Hi everyone, recently yesterday i found out our landlord called pest control due to an ant infestation and they sprayed up the garden, grass and perches and left before i could ask them if it would be harmful to chickens and birds. I feared it may be harmful for my chickens so i quickly have them a bath and gave them some carbon charcoal & electrolytes- would that help? and is there anything else i could do if what they sprayed was toxic? i’m just taking precautions!

Different sprays have different ingredients, and therefore have different toxicity levels against birds.

So, could you contact the company and ask what type of spray they used/ingredients.

Indeed, it can be very dangerous for the birds, but you would better ask them before what kind of detergent do they use. Ask your house holder to consult with you the next time. We also have chickens and I always make the treating of the yard by myself. I explained to the person who rents us the house that I can resolve the problems with the pests by myself. But honestly, we treated the yard just once with a nonaggressive agent. I had a problem with roaches inside the house. But I got rid of them very quickly because simple borax can kill roaches on somedays.

Back
Top Bottom