1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pet Pardons: Use Facebook to save an animal's life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickLover98, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I found a program on Facebook that is used to save shelter animal's lives from euthanisasion. Please check it out and help save animals:
    http://apps.facebook.com/petpardons/Default.aspx

From the page:
    Help Grant a Pardon to a Pet on Death Row. Just find the Pet you want to help and click on the Advocate button and that Pet will instantly be posted to your Wall for your friends to see. If enough people Advocate for a Pet then the chances are they will get a Pardon, which means a new forever home.

2. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Did anybody do this yet?

3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I went and liked the page but I couldn't install the App.
    I'm gonna go on there later and scope out the page and see what I can do from there.
    Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Quote:Why on earth would you need a touchy-feelie app to save a animal. If you want to save one, go to the local shelter and adopt. The problem is not solved anyway by saving one animal, the problem is too many people producing more animals then needed. Come up a solution for that and you'll have something there.

5. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks, TCL!

And darkmatter, thanks for oyur opinion. Unfortunately, I can't go adopt because I already have a dog, who doesn't like other dogs, or I would go adopt. For now, I'll use Pet Pardons. [​IMG]

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i cant judge a animal by a picture and a paragraph. My own cat had a bad picture and it said he was afraid of dogs. when i went to the shelter and got him he was beautiful and got used to dogs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by