Pet Supreme in Sylmar, CA?

RavenStorm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Southern CA
I haven't had any luck on the buy/sell/trade board looking for a female Khaki Campbell, but someone mentioned that I should try the pet store called Pet Supreme in Sylmar, CA. Can anyone tell me if they are truly a good source of ducks?

Its kind of far from you but my local feed store might know a breeder who might have one. They could also give you info of something closer. This is the wrong time of year so you might have some trouble finding anything but here is the info for the country feed store near me.

Country Feed Store
(760) 724-7310
2111 E Vista Way, Vista, CA 92084

If you call ask for Jennifer she is the resident duck expert and if anyone has Khaki Campbells she will be able to tell you.

Thank you for the info, but actually Vista is nearly 100 miles away from my location and Sylmar is only 40. It doesn't matter anyway, becase I called Pet Supreme and they don't have any Khaki Campbells, just "basic white ducks" according to the guy I spoke to today. I will still give your source a call though and ask for help. I'm trying all of my options; adoption from animal control/shelters, rescue groups, calling every pet store and feed store in the area and asking them for help, and talking to my animal production teachers at Cal Poly Pomona and getting contacts from them for the local poultry industry. I haven't found anything yet, and no one on the buy/sell/trade board has answered me, so I really hope I can keep this poor little guy!

Are you looking to breed him or just have another bird to keep him company? You can mix ducks if you’re just looking to give him a friend. Personally I would go with runners but then I am biased.
wink.png

Quote:
I actually just want it to have company. I have no idea what the gender is, so I'll have to wait until it molts into it's adult feathers to find out. I thought that I needed to have the same kind of duck for them to bond? That is what someone told me on one of these boards. So can it really be any breed of duck? They should still be close in age though, right?

Back
Top Bottom