petrified in missouri

saltandpepper

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
I have a horrible problem this morning. Last night the storm took out our power. We had to get a generator to plug the incubator back in. It was down for an hour more or less. The temperature dropped to 55. It ran with the generator for several hours until the power came back on and we re-plugged it back in. This morning when I checked, the temperature had climbed to 122 degrees. I think the generator must have taken out the temperature control. My question is , do my eggs have a chance or are they just cooked? They were at day 11. I know there is not much I can do at this point but feel sick .Any input would be appreciated.

122 degrees-I would have to say they are probably not viable-I'm really sorry.
Candle, of course, before you do anything.
Good luck!

hugs.gif

those storms last night were very nasty. embryos are tough you might have some make it. the high temp is more of a problem than the low. candle some and them in a couple of days candle again and see if any make it . what kind of eggs were they?

the eggs were a mixture of buff orp. ,silkie ,and rhode island reds. i feel so sick.. just want to cry. this was my first attempt at this and have been like a mother hen myself.

Keep in mind that when the air temp. drops or rises it does take awhile for the egg's temp to change. Hoping that your eggs are ok.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom