Petrified poop

The lady who sold us the house asked if we wanted some chickens, I said “sure”. I didn’t realize how many she was going to leave, and a few have emerged from the woods with chicks in tow! It’s been an interesting month!
:gig :eek:
Did she take any with her?
Talk about trial by fire!!

Did you ever have chickens before? Wow that’s a lot! I’m jealous. That’s some badarse chicken math
Never, I did plan on keeping chickens but not on that scale originally. Although I am glad she left the ducks because I never intended to keep ducks, and I rather like them. We do have 4.3 acres, so there is room. Next year I want turkeys!

Yes, that’s how it feels, especially when the chicks started coming out

of the woods. I think they were downsizing so I think they took some...
Good luck with your "new" birds. Your referencing the hens coming out of the woods with their chicks brings back memories of my youth. My grandpa had given me a bantam hen with 12 chicks and a year later I had over 80. Those 12 chicks end up being 7 pullets and 5 roosters and the chicken math kicked in pretty quickly after that. One of those pullets ended up bringing 20 chicks out of the woods the next spring which was so exciting for me at the time.

Good luck with your "new" birds. Your referencing the hens coming out of the woods with their chicks brings back memories of my youth. My grandpa had given me a bantam hen with 12 chicks and a year later I had over 80. Those 12 chicks end up being 7 pullets and 5 roosters and the chicken math kicked in pretty quickly after that. One of those pullets ended up bringing 20 chicks out of the woods the next spring which was so exciting for me at the time.
I’m glad to have brought up a happy memory!

Back
Top Bottom