Pheasant eggs pipping but no holes

Juejue2005

Hatching
May 9, 2021
Hi, I'm new here! This is our first experience hatching eggs.

I am currently incubating 6 pheasant eggs that we're planning to keep as pets...my 2 little boys are very excited!

We're now on day 24. Last night (uk time) I could hear a scratching noise coming from the eggs. I was hoping to at least see a little hole in the eggs this morning but nothing. Should I be worried? How long does this stage usually take?
Thanks 😊

They'll move a lot before pipping. Was feeling the same nerves last night with some late pippers from my chicken eggs. Now I hear a baby causing havoc in the incubator in the main room

I'm not sure, our incubator doesn't tell you the humidity
Ok. Before you do any other hatching make sure you get a hygrometer.
How much water do you have in the incubator now? You may need to add a sponge or paper towel in a shallow dish of warm water.

They'll move a lot before pipping. Was feeling the same nerves last night with some late pippers from my chicken eggs. Now I hear a baby causing havoc in the incubator in the main room
Aww how cute 😍 it's very nerve wracking at this stage isn't it! Thanks for your reply

Ok. Before you do any other hatching make sure you get a hygrometer.
How much water do you have in the incubator now? You may need to add a sponge or paper towel in a shallow dish of warm water.
OK, I will do, thanks for the tip. I have water in the incubator, I assumed it automatically controlled the humidity. Would i still need a sponge too?

Back
Top Bottom