Pheasant eye.

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by adriano, Oct 7, 2012.

1. adriano

adriano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Ireland
    [​IMG]

Hi

I was sent this photo from a fellow pheasant breeder asking me what i thought it was.
    The bird has a cough and substance at the eye.
    I was thinking the product Tylan could be used anyone any suggestions.

2. De Wet

De Wet Chillin' With My Peeps

agree go for tylon

3. adriano

Aug 28, 2009
    Ireland
    What is the ratio dosage mix for this.

4. De Wet

First it depends which tylosin product you use and the weight of the birds for example I use tylo 200 1 cc for a big turkey tom which weight about 5kg to 6kg s I guess. Secondly You must inject it under skin and not into the muscle it will damage the tissue. And do the treatment for 3 to 4 days do not inject on the same place used diferent places the best is to inject on the back just above the upper wing. You can also used tylo in water I will say 1 cc for a half of gallon or 2liter water for 5 days.

You can also buy the product if you can get it fosbac + T(T stands for Tylosin) which can also used it water,

Tyramycin powder can also use for the eye treatment. What I once do out of deperate measures at own risk which I not prefer was to inject oxine into the sinus(infraorbitals) just under the eye on a turkey and it help. I know tripple Sulfa also help if the bird have coryza.

I hope this info help it work for me so far

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. adriano

Aug 28, 2009
    Ireland
    Thanks.

He has picked up Some Tylan soluble.

6. De Wet

hi

is theireany feedback on this bird did it survive...?

7. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Looks like you caught at the beginning.If the tylan doesn't work go to your vet and get metranidazole(I think that is how it's spelled).It is the generic for Flagyl for humans.Keep him away from your other birds as they scratch at their eye and pieces of gel or whatever you call it flies everywhwere and other birds can catch it.It may be best to treat all of your birds just in case.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by