Pheasant laws? WV

Apr 18, 2021
Does anyone know the local pheasant laws for WV? Around Fayetteville or Nicholas County? Someone recommended I raise pheasants to sell their feathers (humanely) and that they would do great for conversation or release (if that's even legs) do they have to be banded? Do I have to have papers for them? I'd like to know.

Does anyone know the local pheasant laws for WV? Around Fayetteville or Nicholas County? Someone recommended I raise pheasants to sell their feathers (humanely) and that they would do great for conversation or release (if that's even legs) do they have to be banded? Do I have to have papers for them? I'd like to know.
Call your local game warden or DNR agent. It is their job to know what the laws are regarding game birds.

@WVduckchick

I looked it up a few years ago, and I remember you have to get inspected, have a certain sized fly-pen, and some other regulations I can’t remember. I didn’t want to bother with it at the time, so I didn’t investigate further. I’m not sure if we have a “pet” situation or not.
Sorry I can’t help more.

I looked it up a few years ago, and I remember you have to get inspected, have a certain sized fly-pen, and some other regulations I can’t remember. I didn’t want to bother with it at the time, so I didn’t investigate further. I’m not sure if we have a “pet” situation or not.
Sorry I can’t help more.
I have everything inspected already I believe, as we also live on a business land, so the inspector who does that also makes sure we are keeping our flock pens healthy so it doesn't harm anyone around.

I have everything inspected already I believe, as we also live on a business land, so the inspector who does that also makes sure we are keeping our flock pens healthy so it doesn't harm anyone around.
Oh nice. I think the size is relative to how many birds you can raise. Certain size for certain number of birds. I’d say call the inspector.
Id be interested to know what you find out. I always wanted some pheasants, but wound up just going with ducks, chickens, and pigeons. :D

The inspection will be made by the G&F or the DNR depending on what they are called in your state.

Back
Top Bottom