Pheasant meat

Not really a lot of profit in selling pheasant meat. First you need to find a market you is willing to buy pheasant meat, then you need to process it and sell it.

Something to think about is how much feed are you going to put into those 20 birds to get them up to butcher size and how long you will be housing them. If you did it on a large scale like some of the big farms out there, you might make profit but otherwise the way you plan to do it with 25 day old chicks, then raise them up and hope they all live, put too much feed into them, and hope you can find a good butcher that will do them and is able to sell them to the public (meaning it will cost some $ to get them butchered/packaged), and that is not to mention that the 5 you plan to keep actually turn out to be the gender you're after.

If you just want some goldens, look anywhere online and you can find a pair or trio for much much cheaper than what you're planning to do

Hi pheasant 283, I was wondering if you could help me with some feed ratios, I own ring necks and plan to eat/sell the young as you do! What I was hoping you could tell me is at what age should I be thing about culling them to get the best feed to meat ratio as possible? Any info would be brilliant. I am in the UK so will only take it as a rough guide but anything on this subject has proven very difficult to get hold of thus why I am asking you :)

Many thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom