Pheasant people give me the "dirt" on ringnecks

Sweet! Thanks Ticks!!!
hugs.gif

Ticks is right about be sure to have lots of girls to keep him entertained. I got my bachelor a girlfriend and he's very exuberant with her. I have a couple little hens growing up adjacent that as soon as they get there in size, they'll go in with them. Lady Faye is getting a chicken saddle so her feathers come back in.

Lophura keeps different species together. I put my wood ducks in wth my silver pheasants without a problem between the two species. There was plenty of room for everybody for the 5 pheasants and 6 little ducks. They actually roosted together. Sadly, a raccoon got the wood ducks.

I plan on keeping ducks in with my pheasants. Having a nice pond, watercourse. Lots of vegetation with berries/food for them to "find"

Steve...
Here is a couple pics of my setup so you can get an idea of space. For them.

008-5.jpg

Here are a few nests, I used a box that I made and a sap bucket.
009-4.jpg

010-6.jpg

011-6.jpg

013-5.jpg

014-5.jpg

Ticks, where do you find most of your eggs? Do they actually use a box to nest in, or do they just lay wherever like my chukars?

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Ticks, where do you find most of your eggs? Do they actually use a box to nest in, or do they just lay wherever like my chukars?

They first week or so they would drop and run. But they have gotten more motherly and have started to make clutches, unti l I come along. they make depressions under tables, in corners, but I find the majority of eggs in the nesting box.​

Back
Top Bottom