Pheasant Permits??

Quote:
Prime example of the 'anonymous' word. Here in KY we don't need a permit for pheasants at all.

THANX SHELLEY THATS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT. IN FLORIDA I CAN DO ANYTHING BUT RELEASE THEM WITH NO PERMITTING WHATSOEVER SO LONG AS I DO NOT HAVE 50 OR MORE AT ANY TIME. OVER 50 REQUIRES GAME FARM LICENCE THATS 50.00 A YR. WHICH I DO KEEP CURRENT AS WELL AS THE FEDERAL PERMITS FOR MIGRATORY WATERFOWL. THE BIGGEST POINT WAS EACH OF US NEEDS TO CHECK WITH OUR OWN LOCAL ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES TO BE SURE. THERE'S JUST WAY TOO MANY DIFFERENT REGULATIONS STATE BY STATE. IT WOULD BE NICE IF IT WERE A NATIONAL STANDARD INSTEAD, THEN THERE WOULDNT BE ANY DOUBTS
smile.png

So true , best to check with your state DNR....Ohio must have a permit to keep any ringneck 25.00 to sell 45.00 per year....so each State is different.

Here we just mail in the money for renew............permit go for all wildlife native to Ohio. one permit no matter how many bobwhites to whitetails. non native no permit, except ringneck guess they think they have been here long enought to be native
lol.png

Last edited:
We live in Central Indiana and you most definitely have to have a permit for Ringneck pheasant here. My husband and I raise Ringneck and Bobwhite Quail. So the only thing you can do is to check with your Game Fish and Parks or Dept. of Natural Resources in your state. It costs us $15.00 a year to have our birds. We can also get an all species permit and that would entitle us to keep anything wild from squirrel on up to Coyote. Yes we have to have a permit to keep flying squirrels, which are soooooo cute and are abundant in our woods, lol. This permit is a must whether you have 1 or 1,000 birds. It does allow us to trap wild birds also. Good luck because it is a pleasure to raise these birds.
thumbsup.gif
__________________________________________________________ Proud parent of many breeds of Bantams, entertaining Guineas, Huge Cuckoo marans, beautiful peafowl, Ringneck pheasant, Bobwhite Quail, one senior 19 year old black lab, 2 mischevious cats and one very understanding husband, lol.

Quote:
THIS IS NOT TRUE....Please do your research for your state.........check with your local Department of Natual Resources and/or Fish & Wildlife services!!!!! I live in Maryland and "Any person who desires to raise, breed, protect, or sell game birds in Maryland is required to have a Game Husbandry License/Permit."

I did not search the forum to see if this was posted somewhere or not, but wanted to share my find. It has a link for ALL States where you can find information from Natural Resources and/or Fish & Game offices. Hope this will help out anyone who has any questions on local laws, permits, etc., in their specific State / Region / Area.

I Hope this Helps!!
smile.png

This is the link to U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services (USFWS) Management Offices - State, Territorial & Tribal
http://www.fws.gov/offices/statelinks.html

Quote:
DOH! I HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE! WHY DIDNT I REMEMBER THIS PAGE??
he.gif

THANK YOU CHAR971, AS IT IS NOW SAVED TO THE FAVORITES FILE FOR FUTURE INQUIRIES ON OTHER POSTS
thumbsup.gif

STILL CANT FIGURE OUT WHY I DIDNT REMEMBER IT??? LEMME TELL YA GETTING OLD AINT FOR SISSIES OR FRAIL PEOPLE
smile.png

Ringneck pheasants. When we raised pheasants and quail it was to release them on our farms and on private land where other individuals would like to see them reestablished. Actually we have never shot one. Though I am sure others have and the hawks are cleaning the rest out.

Yes, you do need a permit to raise ringneck pheasants. Just be caught with them without a permit and see what happens. I will not argue because I had a warden at my house yesterday and he clearly stated and gave me a rule sheet that said you do need a permit and show proof that the ones you have were legally obtained.

Yes, you do need a permit to raise ringneck pheasants. Just be caught with them without a permit and see what happens. I will not argue because I had a warden at my house yesterday and he clearly stated and gave me a rule sheet that said you do need a permit and show proof that the ones you have were legally obtained.

Very good advice.The permit is 25.00 here and not worth the aggravation if you get caught without one.This is for all ringneck species.Most other species do not require a permit,but I've heard a few people state that they need a permit for all species.So check your local fish and game dept and get all the info on them.As all states are different.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom