Pheasant Questions?

yes i did the math when i went to that website and that is what i had got so that is why i am ordering them from the seperate thing and i thought that during mating season they would try to protect the hen like chickens my friend said his chicken tried to attack him and it attacked his mom to protect his hens... the other day a hawk killed one of his chickens he was going to shoot it but his mom thought it was illegal if the roster would have been able to get to the hawk would he have possibly been able to fight the hawk away with little damage done to him? and the reason the hen got killed was because she flew over the fence.

Thankyou
smile.png
BYC IS AWESOME!!! AND EVERYBODY USING IT YOU GUYS ARE REALLY HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
TRUE THE ROOS JOB IS TO PROTECT THE LADIES AND FERTILIZE THE EGGS

TRUE ALL RAPTORS ARE PROTECTED (HAWKS R RAPTORS)

AND YES ADULT MALE PHEASANTS MAY BE TESTY OR AGGRESSIVE TO HUMANS DURING MATING SEASONS, BITING IS NOT LIKELY THO SPURRING AND WING WHIPPING IS.

MOST PHEASANTS WITH PERHAPS THE EXCEPTION OF RINGNECK VARIETIES AND REEVES ARE NOT GOING TO ATTACK YOU BUT RATHER TRY TO AVIOD YOU... THERE'S ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS IN THE WORLD OF GAMEBIRDS, BUT FLICKING ON THE BEAK WONT BE LIKELY EITHER. (THO A WELL PLACED BOOT OF SUFFICIENT VELOCITY OFTEN WORKS IN EXTREME CASES, OR PERHAPS A LIL TUNE UP WITH A PLASTIUC FEED SCOOP--- AGAIN THE CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD BE SEVERE SELF DEFENSE FOR THIS TO BE CONSIDERED LET ALONE ATTEMPTED AND IF PRESENTED SHOULD PROBABLY PROMPT YOU TO CONSIDER LIQUIDATING THIS BIRD/ OR BIRDS AND TRYING DIFFERENT SPECES OR STOCK UNTIL YOU FIND MORE SUITABLE SPECIMENS)

BEST COURSE OF ACTION IF THIS SITUATION ARISES WOULD BE TO DO YOUR BEST TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND TRY TO AVOID HARMING THE ANIMAL, THEN SEEK INDIVIDUAL ADVICE AT THAT TIME REGUARDING THE SITUATION.

When I have an aggressive bird,I've found that every time they come at you,catch 'em and hold'em for a while.After they see you aren't playing the game right ,they seem to eeeze off.Of course there's always that once in a while they get the erge to try aggressively again.But also the more aggressive male will be your best producer of chicks.
In N.H.,Tony.

I feed my Amhersts a mix of Kalmback grower and layer for chickens. Kalmback is a small company out of ohio that only sells grain in 8 states so you may not be able to get it.

ps my yellow golden rooster bites when he gets annoyed.

Their lady amhersts look ok. I am sure you will enjoy them. I have always enjoyed mine for their tameness and beauty. Good luck and be sure to post pictures
thumbsup.gif

you could try wearing pants and boots... its a 4lb. bird, gently nudge it with your foot, not kick, nudge, and maybe you can escape with all your limbs... jk, i'v dealt with nasty birds and its alot worse than it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom