Pheasants as pets

Agreed, Most pheasants will never tame down, you best bet is the ornamentals, Red Goldens are a little high strung, Silvers are much more calm and if raised from a chick will make great pets. I had one that i got as an adult from a farm, and he would let me pet him and i didnt work with him at all.

you can tame anything..you just have to spend time..some of these birds i have only had for a couple of months...however i spend a great deal of time with them...my peafowl are not so tame...cause i dont spend that much time with them...even the ringnecks eat out of my hand...however i have heard certain other types of pheasants are not so friendly...when i get these types i will surely post pics

There is a difference between tame and pet, my red goldens are tame but not pet
JUST CURIOUS ON WHAT YOU VIEW THEM AS...CAUSE IM PRETTY SURE IF YOU DIDNT ENJOY THEM YOU WOULDNT HAVE THEM.
easy now...the question was

Will a hand raised pheasant make a good pet?
im not sure what you consider your birds...or even if you have dogs....but i view any animal i have as somesort of pet...even if they are raised for meat.
maybe i worded it wrong...maybe i should have thrown the word "pet" into what was stated...
PET
n.noun

SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION...YES IF YOU HAND RAISE YOUR BIRDS YOU OBVIOUSLY CARE FOR YOUR BIRDS... SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE AN ANIMAL FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT OR COMPANIONSHIP. SO YOUR ANSWER WOULD BE YES THEY WOULD MAKE A GOOD PET...BASED ON WHAT THE ENGLISH WORD MEANS IF YOU WANT TO GET ALL TECHNICAL ABOUT IT
  1. An animal kept for enjoyment or companionship.
  2. An object of the affections.
  3. A person especially loved or indulged; a favorite.

I wasnt going against you if that is what you thought birdman, I apologize. My red goldens, while tame are not pets, they are for my visual enjoyment, eventually i will hold back a chick or two to raise as a pet, I view a pet as something that enjoys my company as much as i enjoy its. Something I can walk right up to and cuddle/love on. Such as my duck, goose, pigeon, and a couple chickens. Most of my birds are quite tame other than my valley and gamble quail, I cant seem to calm them.

I would not suggest ringnecks if you are looking for pets. While you may be able to tame them a bit, ringnecks are very wild and in my personal experience are very wary of humans. Not to say you can't make a ringneck a pet just that it will be very difficult. Go with the silvers they are much calmer

Back
Top Bottom