Pheonix Thread

They're gorgeous 🥰 I'm not really a fan of all white birds but your boy is so pretty! The golden hen is also beautiful! Is that lace?
Her mother had lacing, so she has a fractional pattern of it. If it stays through the line, then oh well, but I'm more concerned with a solid Buff eventually.

The whites I have are nice, they're recessive, but all have black and brown leakage in different parts of their body. Most have had it in their hackles, one had some on its shoulders and saddle though as a young bird

Do you have an idea of weight for your standard eggs? Deciding if I can add standard phoenix hens to my lf for eggs or if they're just eye candy 😅 I will eat the bantam eggs too but I have enough quail for small eggs if I want.
No different than my smaller layers. I don't bother weighing though, so I wouldn't know where to even begin giving an estimate. They fit in an egg carton and that's about all the thought I give

Hens! I only have three right now.

20230228_201120.jpg

20230507_135415.jpg

Goldie and Star.

The person I got my pullets from had stock from cackle as well and highly recommended them. I looked for phoenix breeders on Google and Facebook but didn't see any that looked like they were current. I saw some eggs on ebay. Where did y'all get your birds?

Back
Top Bottom