phesants and or partridge we can make money from?

WEll, im with you on the Making money part... but unfortunatly... it is hard to do... all my birds are a hobby... I dont treat them as income... Just last week I made $300 bucks selling 20 chicks... Its not alot... I spend about $200 a month on JUST feed Alone... That does not even take into account all the lumber Ive used, all the fencing, sheet metal, screws, and other items Ive spent.

Treat your birds as a hobby.... It will relax you, you will get pleasure out of it, and when they produce, the cash can help you a bit.

Im always on the look out for more birds.. especially ones I dont have... I wont be in the market for new bloodlines for at least 2 years... I just started late last year.. and my birds are bearly starting production. I should be in full production next year.

Get birds that make you happy.
big_smile.png

Oh... and on loosing money.. its all part of the game... Ive lost 2 birds this year to HEAT stroke. the 1st was My female Curassow... yeah.. that one made me MAD!!
somad.gif
She passed out with the heat. Now all the birds have covered shade provied at all times... no direct SUN... sun only comes in from the side, and thats not even much.

The second one was my Male Scarlet Macaw!!!
he.gif
I could have killed someone... apparently... shade is not always a factor. I had my macaw under a shade roof, and there was no air current passing.. so he got cooked.

Heat is a problem..
and No air current on a hot day is also a problem.

But one learns from costly mistakes...

Ive learned mine.
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom