1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pheww, now i can relax a little

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lottyloo, Oct 31, 2010.

1. lottyloo

lottyloo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    After yesterday with my broody sitting outside in the rain which i didnt like she hatched 1 baby and all night it was very heavy rain and early hours this morning galeforse winds and my stomache was turning all night as Roxy was sitting tight waiting for the rest to hatch....

So this morning i went down to see how she was getting on and.... 5 babies!! i really hate her being out in weather like this so i had to move her [​IMG]

first i moved her and the 5 babies and put them in a brooder with lots of straw (mamma hen is very weak and cold and soaked to her skin) it is alot warmer in the store room and hopefully she will dry off soon.
    Next i looked to make sure i didnt leave any babies behind and checked the eggs that were left (one was tweeting [​IMG] ) so i had to put the rest under her because there is life inside!

I will go check on her again this evening to see if the tweeing egg has hached [​IMG]

I so releaved she is now safe and has her beautiful babies with her, she has done such a good job, i never realised how determind broody hens are!

I shall take photo's this evening [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. judyc

judyc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Congratulations!

Where are you that you are getting RAIN?!

Send some to Indiana!

3. lottyloo

Jul 28, 2010
    Thank you [​IMG]

Im in Portugal, it was hot all week and now rain at the weekend and suppost to be sunny again next week.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulations on the new babies.

5. lottyloo

Jul 28, 2010
    Photo's in the gallery in 5 mins [​IMG] take a look!

still only 5 chicks though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by