Photo request

AmyPaperlady

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 28, 2013
Cumberland Plateau
I've written an article offsite about the very basics of keeping backyard chickens: Backyard Chicken Coops: An Urban Surprise (this isn't necessarily the final form--think of it as a 3rd or 4th draft, though I don't anticipate major changes). (There are links back to BYC in the article, if that's an issue.) I would love to have a photo from someone here on BYC for it! I do need to double-check with the powers-that-be over there how permissions and such would work...

But, heck, even if it falls through on that end, looking at pictures is fun, anyway
wink.png

What I'm looking for is a picture that shows an urban/suburban coop/flock. I'd like something that makes it clear that the birds aren't far out in the country--a sidewalk adjoining, a city skyline in the background, something like that. My own surroundings won't work--no sidewalks, and we're surrounded by forested dead-end streets. And my coop is only interesting to chicken-folks (the article is written for non-chicken people). A flock that includes a silkie, a frizzled anything, or a colorful hen would be a plus.

Thanks!

ETA:

I forgot to mention that photos either need to have no people in them, or else the people need to be easy to crop out
smile.png

Last edited:
I asked about using photos from non-h2g2ers, and this was the reply:

We've done that before. :) As long as you have permission it's good. I think there's been solution on how to credit them too, by name/alias or even link to their site.

Which is what I thought I'd been told before, but I wanted to be certain before I said so here
thumbsup.gif

check out https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/713252/little-coop-in-the-big-city This guy built a really cool coop on the 19th floor of his apartment building. In the first post, last picture there's a cool picture of a chicken with a beautiful city skyline in the background. It's back from 2012, and it's definitely not my picture... but it seems like it might be what you are looking for.
I have a backyard chicken setup, but mine are only 3 weeks old. No non-chicken person wants to see my coop or AWESOME portable hoop run... but maybe I'll play photography with the chicks outside and try to get neighborhood scape in there... I can just see my neighbors thinking I've lost it if I take them out on the front sidewalk
lau.gif

This is the only one that remotely shows I have a backyard. Adirondack chair as shelter and fence in the background, and cute little Banksy keeping an eye on everything.

This is nearly my entire backyard, suburban...only about 400sq feet. That's the side of my house on the left, then in the background that's actually my neighbors tree and one fence that I share with 1 of 3 neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom