(PIC HEAVY) Smoky Mountains/Cades Cove

Yes it does...I would love to go in the fall/winter time. I was born and raised there, but never went in the fall and winter. Maybe this year though.

Heres a few more in the winter. We got snow a few days we were there.

IMGP0074-1.jpg

IMGP0068.jpg

IMGP0072.jpg

IMGP0076-1.jpg

IMGP0079.jpg

IMGP0098.jpg

Those are great pics. There is nothing like the mountains in the south. I tried getting to Cataloochee (sp), but couldn't get there. My dad wasn't feeling well. Next time though.

WOW! you grew up in such a beautiful area and the mountains look so nice. how the heck did you end up living in the flatlands of minnesota? it is the one thing that this part of minnesota is lacking.

We went there to. I love Maggie Valley, heck I love the mountains. Somewhere I have pictures of the Elk, I'll try to dig them up. Getting down there was a hoot, 27 miles on windy narrow roads straight down but it was beautiful.

Quote:
My husband is from here. We live in Milaca. I was hoping MN would have something close to where I grew up . No mountains here though huh? Oh well, I do like snowmobiling....lol

Quote:
Tell me about it. Boy was I ever sick to my stomach that day, only because I kept thinking if this car goes off the edge we are done for...lol. That was scary, so high up it made me dizzy.

We live about 2 - 2 1/2 hours away from the Smokies and Cades Cove. We haven't been in a couple of years. It is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places. We've been to most of those places in your pictures. It's beautiful in the fall. There's no place like the Smokies when the leaves are in full color.

Gorgeous pictures, must go to TN now. My son will be going to college in Cape Girardeau, MO so now I will have to plan a camping trip. YEAH!! ROAD TRIP. We take him to college next week and then are gonna camp across southern MO on our way home, stopping in Branson to go to Silver Dollar City.

Back
Top Bottom