Picasso is still alive!

meetthebubus

Crowing
Mar 28, 2017
ok, not the Picasso, but Picasso the pullet that came to us as a rescue.

The person who dropped her off said she was a rhode island red and the last survivor of a dog attack.

Turns out Picasso had a really bad limp and had a impacted crop that turned sour while getting treatment.
Picasso is unlike any chick i've had. She wasn't scared of me, and acted as if i was her hen mama always trying to follow me wherever I went around the house and wanting to be held. I did my work on my laptop next to her while she hopped onto my hand and then keyboard not allowing me to finish. I fed her water and vitamin water through a syringe, olive oil and finally near the end of her fight to get well, i syringed baby food.

She was all alone in the brooder, I felt so bad for this little one so I put in tiny stuffed animals to be with her and she slept on top of them at night.

I took her out one day as I saw her limp was improved and she was passing her food, I figured some sun and natural grit would do her good. As soon as she saw all the other chickens through the fence she was so happy, she started digging for grit and just stared at them and they stared back. My husband quickly made a small enclosure for her inside with them so she's safe but with them and she got so much better so quickly! here are some pics of her I found out she must be a Speckled Sussex

20180907_163207.jpg

20180910_171844.jpg

062.JPG

Back
Top Bottom