pick a roo

tadandrita

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Not sure if this is the "right" place to post this but quite sure i don't care. So with that said.... my flock is adult bantams and 5-6 month old Barred Rocks x 3 pullets and BO x4 pullets and 2 roos. My yard boss is an OEG self blue roo who runs it all beautifully. This is the problem, of the BO roos the ALPHA tries to JUMP bantam hens. The BETA roo is mellow and content with 1 BO pullet. I was considering selling ALPHA to keep the peace. So alpha bantam will stay yard boss..bantam hens will be at ease and big boy will have 6 big gals all to himself. WHATCHA THINK????? Oh btw whatcha all think of the idea of a "barred orpington"??....,hmmmm just an idea.

I see nobody has answered you...hmmm, if you have only 7 pullets, and 2 roos, that is one roo too many in my experience.
Usually they recommend, 1 roo per 10 pullets...so you are right for wanting to get rid of one.

A barred orpington, interesting...would like to see one of those. Just saw a post with a silkie/BR...cute!

The one rooster that is trying to breed and could potentially hurt the bantam hens is a known quantity - I'd get rid of him. Understand that the other rooster may step up and show the same behavior - or he may not.

Back
Top Bottom