Pick out the roos please?

Nubiansrus

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 28, 2008
Ok at times Im really unsure how the roosters are. Only one of them I have is crowing... one other I am pretty sure its a rooster... then others Im not sure of. Help me figure it out. Thank you.

1. Brown leg horn. Roo or hen?

browlleghornhenorroo.jpg

brownlgroorhen.jpg

2. Roo or hen? Breed unknown

henorroo.jpg

rooorhen.jpg

tailfeathers.jpg

3. Roo right?

rooright.jpg

4. Hen? lol

hen2-1.jpg

5. This is our main oldest rooster... the only rooster I want lol. His tail feathers got chewed blah

bigblack.jpg

Thats what i was afraid of... lol.

Answer this for me. #2 and 3 are the same age from the same "clutch" but #3 has alot more of a comb. #2 has a comb that looks really hen like, but the feathers look very Roo. Are the tail feathers what tell you hes a roo?

Sorry you have so many roos.
sad.png
I had 3 out of 5 "sexed pullets" (UH....SURE) from the feed store turn out roos last year. But hey, at least you have a brown leghorn!!! Those girls are WONDERFUL
love.gif

Quote:
One man... that stinks. My sexed pullets have all turned out to be hens. The brown leg horn was one fo them. We got like 6. I have other hens.. Im just sure their all hens cause they are laying.
smile.png

What color do brown leg horns lay? White right? Dont think shes laying. What other breeds lay green? American I have is laying the green, but I think I have one more laying green. Hmm?

Could one of these be having green? Them or two other hens I got at the same time are laying almost an off white egg.

hens.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the Leghorn will lay white. EE's can look so very different you could easily have one and not realize that is what it is....until it lays green eggs.
smile.png
Those look like Silver Laced Wyandottes in the pic.

Back
Top Bottom