Picked up CL coop

Quote:
Would really love to, means less work for me. However, I had it closed up and the underside of the roof was dripping into the coop because the temp inside was warmer than the temp outside...and that was with no birds in it!! It has ventilation all under the eaves so I don't know why it would do that.

Quote:
You know, you'd think I'd be happy with the way it is, but of course, I'm not.
roll.png

I've got the insulation in. I'm trying to decide whether or not to add a window to the front and if it should open or not.
Dang wind makes life so complicated!!! I still need to sheet it once I figure it all out. Everything takes me forever because
I have too many irons in the fire.

Quote:
I love your CITY : From: Sandy Eggo, CA Very cute tweak on the name
gig.gif

Thanks!!!
big_smile.png

Does your avatar say;

Slow, chickens at play...

or

Slow Chickens, at play...

Guess it depends on how smart they are!!!
lol.png

Quote:
Would really love to, means less work for me. However, I had it closed up and the underside of the roof was dripping into the coop because the temp inside was warmer than the temp outside...and that was with no birds in it!! It has ventilation all under the eaves so I don't know why it would do that.

You have a ventilation problem is why it's doing that. Not enough air can get in the lower part.

Quote:
I love your CITY : From: Sandy Eggo, CA Very cute tweak on the name
gig.gif

Thanks!!!
big_smile.png

Does your avatar say;

Slow, chickens at play...

or

Slow Chickens, at play...

Guess it depends on how smart they are!!!
lol.png

SLOW (like Kids @ Play)

CHICKENS @ PLAY

I just thought it would be a cute twist on the caution sign for kids

I scanned into PHOTO-SHOP the "Caution Sign" which was near me so I took a picture to have the correct orientation and airbrushed the info away and put a chicken Avatar in the middle and the writing the way I wanted it. I just thought it was a spoof and then I liked it. I was going to use MY Super Chick one that I made but It was to braggadocio.

102768_images.jpg

or this one I liked at a yard sale took pictures and reduced it to avatar size

102768_6976_3389_large.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but you live in Southern Cal? Leave the metal roof on and take the insulation out. You are making life so much more difficult for you and your chickens. I just put de Icers in my coop because the water was frozen solid. My chickens love the snow. It was 17 degrees and they ran to the truck madder than heck at me cause I was late feeding. They don't need heat. They need a shelter, which yours is beautiful.... a little too girly for my taste
wink.png
. They need food and water. Let them be chickens lol!

Quote:
I'm in the mountains in So. Cal. While the temps only get down to 24 degrees, the wind chill factor often brings it down as low as 5 degrees. I don't want to worry about frozen combs, frozen eggs OR frozen water. We also get hot summers, which is the real reason that I insulate my coops. It brings the temp down by 15 degrees in the summer!! The problem with opening the coop up is that the wind blows here ALL THE TIME! Not just a breeze, but 25-45+ mph on a regular basis from the months of Oct-May. If I could figure a way to slow that wind down I'd be golden.

Back
Top Bottom