Picked up our First Guinies Yesterday!Cool colors!

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
We went and got some guinea keets yesterday. I wish I could of had a couple of every color but I limited myself to just five. I got two Royal Purple and three coral blue. Oh the parents are such beautiful colors. He also had lavender, opaline (we got two for Scotts dad for Fathersday), one buff dundotte, pearl greys and slate I think. Anyway There where lots of colors. I am very happy with mine. They are 2wks old and fit in perfect with our young silky and crevecourX chicks. Even Plucky the duckling seems to accept them. I will post pictures tomarrow.
Melissa

I also can't wait to see pics! I have three guinea eggs in my little incubator right now. I am so excited! They come from a lady who has Lavender, White, and Pearl. I am hoping for three guinea hens, one of each color. (I'd probably have better odds playing the lottery. LOL)

Congrats on the newcomers! Don't forget pics! What are you feeding them? How do they sound?!! I watched a YouTube video and thought "Oh boy, I hope my neighbor is cool with this." Hahaha

WOW, you got colors.

Some of the colors you state are actually fairly rare.

Look here for more information.

http://guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/colors/index.html

I have some royal blues and some Buffs in the brooder.

I have 8 pearl keets in the nursery.

I have ONE pie bald, two whites and 4 lavenders along with 4 adult blues.

They are such cool birds, I really enjoy my Guineas.

They were chasing the barn cat again today. Poor thing does not stand a chance with 6 or so birds squawking at her.

Enjoy the nutty things, we do.

Here they are I tried taking pictures of them in the stock tank with the chicks but it was to hard so I took out one of each color and just took there pictures. I didn't take any of the opaline ones before we gave them to Scott's dad yesterday. They looked white. His where 4 weeks old ours are 2 weeks old.

The royal purple is the one on the left the coral blue one is on the right. I think they are adorable but they keep flying out of the stock tank. They are going to there bigger pen tonight when it is cooler out.
3524_royalpurpleandcoralblueguineachicks2wks.jpg

3524_royalpurpleandcoralblueguineachicks2wksagain.jpg

This is one of the two royal purple keets.
3524_royalpurpleguiniechick2wks.jpg

These two pictures I tried to take in the stock tank we use as a brooder. The first shows four of the guinea chicks both of the royal purple and two of the coral blue. The second shows some of them in the back with some of the chicks and the duck in the picture.

3524_twogcoralbluetworoyalpurpleguinies.jpg

3524_threecoralblueguinieswithonepurplesomechicksandplucky.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Melissa

Quote:
How about insect/pest control and house alarm?
wink.png
That is why I got them, and they are great at both!

Shelly

Quote:
I got mine just for pure darn orneriness! The lady across the street wears a hearing aid but says my dogs keep her awake at night (the night they got skunked and I wouldn't let them inside!)
he.gif

Also, I've had grasshoppers eating everything in the garden for 2 years now; thought they might help!

Back
Top Bottom