PickenChicken is the name...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PickenChicken, Sep 17, 2011.

1. PickenChicken

PickenChicken New Egg

Sep 17, 2011
    and picking chickens is the game! Hello from Spokane! Finally purchased a house where we can have chickens, Yay! We are doing our research on coops, chickens and all that good stuff. My kids can't wait and are soo ready for the feathered friends. We are not getting them until next Spring, so we are going to use the spare time to continue to research and build a coop (unless we find one on the cheep-get it? on the "cheep"..) We are planning on 3 heavy breeds, thinking about Rhode Island Red (had one as a little girl and she ruled our dogs back yard with an iron claw), Americauna and still debating on the third. Would like them to not fly too much and lay wonderful eggs, since the kids are getting pets and I'm getting scrum-dili-icious eggs. Any words of wisdom is welcome on chicken breeds and or easily built coops. So far I have read, How to build Coops for dummies, Chick Days and lots of articles. One day I'll have to change my name to PickedAChicken:)

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] to you & your sense of humor!

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

5. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    [​IMG]

8. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    [​IMG] from middle tn!
    I love spokane its just amazing there! You have found the BEST site ever! There are so many different chickens it will make your wattles flop! My coop was super cheep cheep, most of it was free! Its eggciting that you joined us! there is a thread for your area, look in the "where are you " and find your area. you can shoot anyone a message, I know i love to get a PM ( private message ). cant wait to hear from you!! [​IMG]

9. Evernf

Evernf Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    three black sex links two great egg layer breeds names opra she is black reba has lots of red and janis fairly black wonder where I got the names ?

10. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] From TX [​IMG] :were [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by