Picking Ameracauna chick colors

They are true ameracaunas, not EE's. She's going to try to pick me out some light ones. These do not come from Meyer Hatchery, she uses two I've never heard of before and guarantees they are ameracaunas.
In that case you may want to ask if they are sexed or straight run, if you can't have roosters. The other hatcheries I know of do not sex them. It shouldn't be hard to pick out blue ones.

Generally true, but there is a feed store a mile from me that has purebred, high quality Ameraucanas in Black, Silver and Lavender. I know they are pure because I supply them to the store.
Excellent deal for you and the store! I love the look of the silvers.

I encourage any breeders of high quality birds to approach the locally owned feed stores and offer to sell them chicks on consignment. There is some risk for both of you, but not a lot, and both parties will be offering a great service to local people who long to buy nice stock but can't easily find sources. I hope to educate chick buyers in my area, they are (in my opinion) missing out on so many great breeds because the stores don't carry the nice stuff.
I have Faverolles. Unfortunately most locals only want sexed females, and Faverolles are low on the list of breeds people want. Local feed stores don't even order hatchery Favs. So both my pullet and cockerel culls go to the freezer. I'm sure other less in demand breeds are in the same straights.

Back
Top Bottom