Picking up my Norwegian Fjord tomorrow! Updated with pics!

they're on my list!
beautiful animals... what does a fjord cost?
we're all-draft animals, mostly belgians, but it would be good to have a pair of small drafts for working in areas where our big drafts can't manuver... we're going to be clearing a section of our woods and want to use the horses to do the job instead of a tractor. I've been thinking about fjords or haflingers, and we haven't really reached the buying point, but it's time to start learning.
that and next summer I will have a house full of neices and nephews for several weeks and it would be useful to have *small* horses to be able to put them on (my drafts are all over 18h).

Mine were around $3,000 each...pretty inexpensive for the breed - proof that the economy is affecting registered, well-trained horses!

I use mine to drag the arenas and spread manure in the pasture....they are perfect for it and it's a great workout for me!

Good luck! I hope you get a pair!

I've seen them on sites like Equine.com for as little as $1500. These Fjords are between 5-7K and thats reduced due to the owners passing. They have a few older broodmares much cheaper. So I guess its like all horses, some are much more than others.

I love love love Norwegian Fjords! Waaaaaah...I am sooo jealous!!!
hit.gif
I Really hope I can have one someday...to drive.

Joedie, he's beautiful!!! And I like his smaller size! Love to see more pictures!

frow.gif
BTW...Hi neighbor! I'm up here in northwest Indiana.

I have Morgans but someday must have a Fjord! I rode them when I was young and love the breed. When my son is older if he is interested in riding I think I will look for one. I would drive it too. Such a neat breed! Congrats on your ned addition, she looks so sweet!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks all! I really like the personality on this horse. She's extremely sweet, curious, and people oriented. I think she's going to be fun!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom