Pickled eggs

Not a pickled egg eggspert but I put a can of small beats (juice too) in a jar with 1/2 water 1/2 vinegar mixture then place 3-4 cloves of garlic and refrigerate for 2-3 days. Can't wait any longer. Shake container a couple times a day to make sure all is mixed then eat. My favorite is to put a couple drops of hot sauce on the eggs and enjoy. Making pickled eggs is like making a meat loaf. What ever you like try it. John

Im not sure of the recipe but my grandmother starts with pickled red beets, I know there is sugar, vinegar and whole cloves but im not sure what else. I have seen others pickle them like pickles but have never had them.

I just put my eggs in the pickle juice when the pickles are gone or almost. I love the kosher dill pickles w/ garlic yum. simple and easy. a gal at work told me to try this really liked it.
smile.png

All I do is use water, vinager and salt wait 24 hours and eat up!! Pickled eggs do not last long in my house. All my kids and dh and I all love them.....

Some of my Grandma's favorites:

INGREDIENTS
12 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can pickled beets
1/4 cup sliced red onion (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool under cold running water. Once the eggs cool for a bit, roll the eggs back and forth on the counter to crush the shells, then return to the cold water for up to an hour. They will peel very easily then.
Place the peeled eggs in a large bowl or large wide mouthed jar with a lid. Pour in the pickled beets and juice. Add onions if you are using. Let them set in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours - 2 days is best if you can wait that long. Turn jar or stir once or twice to be sure that the eggs are evenly colored. Slice eggs in half and arrange on a tray to serve.

Yellow Amish Pickled Eggs

INGREDIENTS
12 eggs
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups white vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed

DIRECTIONS
Place eggs in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Cool under running water, and remove shells. Place hard-cooked eggs in a large jar.
In a saucepan, combine the onion, water, sugar, and vinegar. Stir in salt, dill, garlic powder, and mustard seed. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Pour over the eggs in the jar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 days. The eggs will be yellow!

From Recipezaar:

Ingredients
12 hard-boiled egg, peeled
1 large empty sterilized glass jar
4 cups vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
2 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pickling spices
Directions
1. Put the peeled hardboiled eggs in the large jar.
2. Boil the remaining ingredients together for 5 minutes.
3. Pour over the eggs in the jar.
4. Cover; leave on counter overnight.
5. Keeps in refrigerator for weeks, in theory.
6. In reality, if you love pickled eggs, these will disappear

Pennsylvania Dutch Pickled Eggs:

12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1 qt. sliced beets
1 1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon table salt
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cloves

Directions:

Place eggs in glass jar or bowl. Combine ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook gently until sugar dissolves. Pour hot ingredients over eggs. When cool, store in refrigerator. Eggs are pickled in 24 hours.

For my pickled eggs i use equal parts vinegar and sugar then add either pickled beets or else plain red beets, really delicious everyone loves them.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:weee:ya P.S. i am so hungry for pickled eggs but my girls are too young, the o0ldest is 6-7 weeks LOL guess i will really appreciate them when i get some.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom