Picky eater

Yatzee212

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2021
Hi everyone my 5 month old duckie always hungry during the day she won’t eat her pellets or occasionally she will. She loves lettuce tomatoes watermelon strawberries and a little bit of blueberries but it doesn’t fill her up. She’s also very pick she tried oats, chopped up corn, rice, we even tried a little bit of eggs and she doesn’t like it. Is there other stuff I could try?

Her feed! take all other “treats away”she isn’t getting a balanced diet. I’m surprised she isn’t have leg issues like be bow legged or stumbling with pigeon too forgot t
Her feed! take all other “treats away”she isn’t getting a balanced diet. I’m surprised she isn’t have leg issues like be bow legged or stumbling with pigeon toes
I forgot to mention she eats her pellets at night! But thank you!

I agree with the above posters and recommend that you stop feeding her snacks instead of food.

My ducks are the same way. They will nibble at their pellets and hold out for their favorites like mealworms, tomatoes, ect. I had to use tough love and withhold all treats. Within days they were scarfing up their appropriately formulated food. After months went by I started giving them a couple mealworms a day and they still eat pellets.

Ducks are like toddlers. They won't eat their broccoli if they know you'll give them cake instead.

I agree with the above posters and recommend that you stop feeding her snacks instead of food.

My ducks are the same way. They will nibble at their pellets and hold out for their favorites like mealworms, tomatoes, ect. I had to use tough love and withhold all treats. Within days they were scarfing up their appropriately formulated food. After months went by I started giving them a couple mealworms a day and they still eat pellets.

Ducks are like toddlers. They won't eat their broccoli if they know you'll give them cake instead.
Sounds like my husband:lol:

Back
Top Bottom