Picky eaters!

Amanda39

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
White Lake, Michigan
Hi everyone! I have 2 geese that we hatched and have raised since April. One is an Embden and one is a an African/Toulouse mix. Since they day they hatched in our incubator, we assumed the white Embden was a girl and named her Lucy. The African mix we assumed was a boy and named him Moose. We honestly can't tell their genders at 5 months now, but we love them anyway!

Here is my question... I'm trying to get them to try fun things or new things to eat. Other than their Mazuri feed, chick crumble, show bird crumble, cracked corn, mealworms, romaine lettuce and spring mixed lettuces, we can't get them to try new things. I have tried cut up grapes, strawberries, apples and they won't touch it. I tried cabbage leaves tonight and they did actually chew on them, but I don't know that they ate any. Tonight, when I put them to bed, I gave them a slice of watermelon. I guess I'll find out in the morning if they ate any.

What different snacks/treats do your geese like? I want them to have a huge variety of things, not just romaine, mixed greens and the basics.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom